Saturday, June 11, 2011

How to Dress Up Store Brought Brownie Mix




Peanut Butter Cup Brownies




I am a big fan a brownies; fudgy, chewy, chocolaty and yummy brownies. I don't always get to make them from scratch. Sometimes I don't feel like chopping all the chocolate and the whole double boiling thing. I just want the instant satisfaction of a box mix (yeah, I know that's lazy but lazy can be good too). But that can be boring, so I like to dress them up to make them a little more homemade. You can use any box mix you like, just add a few simple ingredients to make it your own.



Chopped Snickers

Add to Brownie Mix

Substitute Coffee or Espresso for Water 

Add chopped Peanut Butter Cups

 



I like the combo of chocolate and coffee, so I like to add a teaspoon of coffee or espresso powder to the water in the recipe. Then, follow the rest of the recipe according to the package instructions. with adding the mix ins you will need to increase the oven temp to 350 and bake for about 45-55 minutes. Then mix is whatever you want, I did one batch of chopped up Snickers (my favorite) and one with chopped up peanut butter cups (my hubby's favorite). With this the possibilities are endless; and you can wow all the parents at the next school bake sale or class party with some brownies chopped up chocolate chip cookies in it (ooh, I think I might try that next).



Snicker's Brownies

 

I hope you get in the kitchen and experiment with your own mix in brownies. Be blessed and enjoy.




 What is your favorite thing to mix in your brownies?

7 comments:

  1. yum! These look good and are a great idea to add a spunk to box brownies! Thanks for sharing! I love making new blog friends! thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comment! I am your newest follower!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these sound delicious! What a fabulous idea to add in additional yummy ingredients. I never would have thought of doing that. Thank you for sharing this post. Next time I make brownies I'm definitely going to experiment a little.

    Many blessings,
    Rosann
    http://www.christiansupermom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a FANTASTIC idea! I've got to give this a try soon. And it's Zero Calorie too, right? LOL...

    Following from vB!
    Gina
    <a href="http://www.totallyfullofit.com>www.totallyfullofit.com</a>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad everyone like this post. It is a great way to make a store bought item your own. I hope you all have fun playing with different mix ins. Tell me what your favorites are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wish I had some brownie mix at home right now! I am going to have to try one of these ideas out this weekend for sure! I found you through VoiceBoks and am now a follower!
    Yankee Texan Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the semi-homemade ideas like this! This one is fantastic. I'm trying this my next dinner party, and claiming I made dessert;)!
    Nice to find you on vB:)
    Courtney
    http://www.mommyladyclub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yummy! I think I'd use Heath bars. My favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...