Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nutella Stuffed French Toast








I woke up this morning and felt inspired to make a real breakfast. Now I "make" breakfast every morning, and by make I mean a bowl of cereal or oatmeal. But this morning I wanted some more. I looked around my kitchen for some inspiration; I have eggs (ok), milk (alright), bread (I might be on to something) and Nutella (Eureka; French Toast). Now if you don't know what Nutella is, I will help you out. It is a chocolate hazelnut spread that is the yummiest thing ever. Whether on a piece of toast or right out of the jar, which is how I usually enjoy it, I just love it. So I decided I would make French Toast, but I would take it up a notch and stuff it with Nutella. Just thinking about it while I'm writing is making my mouth water for more.

I gathered all my ingredients, got out my trusty flat top griddle and got to work. If you don't have a griddle you can use a non stick pan and be just fine. The recipe is a simple French Toast recipe, so I put my own little spin on it by play with flavorings. I have been looking for a way to use Nutella in a recipe for a while, and this was my chance.

You can also try using different extracts, I used vanilla because that's what I had, but you can use almond or if you have hazelnut extract that would work nice as well. Just remember that recipes like this you have lots of room to get creative.


 

Nutella Stuffed French Toast

Recipe Makes 6 stuffed French toast

2 eggs

About a cup of milk

1 tsp cinnamon

Dash of nutmeg

1 tsp salt

2 tbsp sugar

Splash of vanilla extract

12 slices of whole wheat bread (that makes it healthy)

A jar of Nutella

Butter


 1.  
Preheat griddle to 350. Mix eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, sugar and vanilla together well.

 

 2. Lay out 6 slices of bread and smear on the Nutella (use as much or little as you like), then top with remaining slices of bread.

  


 

3. Rub a teaspoon of butter on the griddle. Coat each sandwich in the egg mixture until completely coated.

 

4. Place on griddle and cook until golden brown on each side.

  


 

5. Slice on a diagonal to show the chocolatey goodness. Dust with powdered sugar; serve with your favorite breakfast sides and enjoy.

  


 

I must say that these were soooo good that I didn't even need any syrup. I can wait for you to try this and let me know how you like it. Enjoy and be blessed. I think I'll go get another helping.


 


 


 

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, that looks like a French Toast that I could really dig into with delight. I have a sweet treat linky party on my blog starting tonight and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your french toast up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I just linked some nutella brownies I made (called Crema Gianduja Brownies but you can use nutella as well) on Sweets for a Saturday. It's a great way to use nutella :).

    http://pastrychefbaking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, let me stop and wipe the drool from my face.

    WOW! Those sound amazing. I need to try that this weekend. Nutella is the best! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...